Sleep & Pillow Spray For A Deep Night’s Sleep
Sleep like a baby again with this Sleep & Pillow Spray ! Let Aromatherapy guide you to a Deep Night’s Sleep.
We all deserve and treasure sleeping well at night and we enjoy getting up in the morning after having rested well during the night.
It should also be viewed as a fundamental element of every beauty regime. The lack of sleep ages our skin. Perfect your night’s sleep for a perfect complexion.
This is why a helping hand through the therapeutic effects of fragrance is so welcome and sought after.
It has been scientifically proven that a blend of lavender, chamomile and neroli effectively reduces anxiety levels and increases the sleep quality. Read here about the potency of this blend.
With is in mind, choose a pillow spray to match your needs:
- Linen & Lavender – this calming scent uses the proven accord of lavender, chamomile and neroli
- Blush Rose & Amber – relax and sleep with the aid of rose, benzoin oil and jasmine
- Orangerie Blossoms – with mandarine, jasmine, ylang ylang and sandalwood for relaxed sleeping
- Trail of White Petals – jasmine, white rose and ylang ylang oil
- SPA – sleep enhancing effects of bergamot, lavender and jasmine
To find out more about each ingredient, we have collected at the very bottom a few of the scientific studies we referred to when developing the PAIRFUM Sleep & Pillow Spray.
Therapy & Intensity
As you can see aromatherapy for a deeper sleep works ! It is not just folk medicine or hearsay remedy.
Hence, be careful how much fragrance you spray your pillows and sheets with. More is not always better and we advise that you gradually find the level of intensity that suits you best.
The same applies to the scent you use. Even though scientific evidence may guide in one direction, you may find, for example, that rose oil has a stronger therapeutic effect for you than lavender. A lavender scented pillow will not be the best therapy for everybody. You will have to watch, assess and diagnose your reactions. Adjust the fragrance oils you apply and work with accordingly.
Aromatherapy is a proven route to a better sleep
The PAIRFUM Sleep & Pillow spray may also be used like a Linen Spray on sheets, towels and many other types of fabrics (sofas, curtains, carpets, …), as it does not stain.
Fragrance allows your mind to drift and dream. Bring back fond memories when you open a wardrobe to take out a towel or double back the sheets.
Make your visitors feel welcome and add a touch of loving elegance to your world within with PAIRFUM.
Simply spray PAIRFUM Flacon to envelop the linens & fabrics in your home with a beautiful, natural scent.
This natural pillow, linen & fabric spray may be used on various types of sheets & fabrics:
- content: 100 ml
- fragrances with natural essential oils
- this spray promotes good health (anti-bacterial, free from toxins or carcinogens)
- does not stain pillows, linens or fabrics
- suitable for direct contact with delicate skin. As you will be placing your face on the pillow, we have developed the spray to be suitable for direct skin contact. You may actually spray it directly onto your skin and wear it as an ‘Eau de Toilette’.
- the alcohol is 100% natural, made from sugar (molasses) and sustainable.
- biodegradable and CO2 neutral
- handmade by skilled artisans in our Ateliers in the United Kingdom
- water-free and free from solubilisers, anti-bacterial agents, preservatives, parabens, sulphates and phthalates.
Calming, Comforting, Relaxing: send yourself to a Deep Sleep with this ‘Eau de Toilette’ for your Pillows, Linens & Fabrics !
Why An ‘Eau de Toilette’ Formulation In A Sleep & Pillow Spray ?
We promote the use of only alcohol and fragrance in our spray for pillows, linens & fabrics for a few simple reasons:
- An ‘eau de toilette’ is designed for direct skin contact. A pillow and linen spray should be the same, since you place your face on the pillow and your skin in contact with the sheets.
- The combination of alcohol and the very fine spray head on the bottle, leads to a micro-fine mist when you spray your pillows and sheets. You can barely see the mist it is so fine.
- When spraying your pillows, linens and fabrics with alcohol you instantly disinfect and cleanse the sheets. Alcohol has anti-bacterial effects. A water-based pillow spray on the other hand allows the growth of bacteria unless it incorporates synthetic anti-bacterial or preservative agents. Direct skin contact with these is not very pleasant.
- Alcohol sprayed on sheets, pillows, linens and fabrics evaporates very quickly and does not leave them wet or damp. It is not very enjoyable to place your head on a damp pillow or sleep between damp sheets.
- Alcohol has a neutralising effect on any unpleasant scents or odours.
- Essential oils dissolve easily in alcohol. By using only alcohol and no water in our linen & pillow spray, we eliminate the need for solubilisers to dissolve fragrance oils. A water-based spray must use solubilisers or solvents to achieve the same. Resting and keeping your head on a pillow for the night that you have just sprayed with a water-based spray containing solubilisers/solvents is not beneficial to the health of your skin. Women take great care of their skin, particularly their face, and this would only undermine it.
Check It Yourself
You can easily verify these statements by spraying the PAIRFUM pillow, linen & fabric spray onto your hands. Rubbing your hands together, you will notice that it does not feel sticky or wet. Compare this with other pillow or linen sprays and you may be surprised how tacky, slippy or wet they feel.
These are some of the reasons why we recommend against the use of water-based sprays for pillows, linens and fabrics.
For a deep sleep it is important to remove all distractions and not to compromise on quality. Here at PAIRFUM we always promote for the best solutions.
We are sure you will instantly notice the difference between the PAIRFUM Pillow Spray and a cheaper water-based type spray.
We recommend that the next time you buy a pillow & linen spray or fabric refresher, check whether it contains water. If it does, then it might be worth reconsidering your purchase.
The Therapeutic Effects Of Individual Oils
Here we summarise the scientific research into the effects of individual essential oils to help you select a fragrance oil that is ideal for you.
Herbal or aromatic notes such as lavender or sage have the power to calm our emotions during the night for a deep sleep.
The essential oil of lavender is well known for its calming effects and has been extensively researched in academia in this context:
- it calms the nervous system by lowering the heart rate, reducing the temperature of the skin and the blood pressure, according to one study. In the same experiment, it was also found that it transforms the brain waves into a more relaxed state.
- another study highlights that Lavender can help in cases of mild insomnia to induce a better sleep quality.
- in medical surroundings (in a dental practice, intensive care units and during pre-surgery preparations), Lavender has proven to reduce anxiety.
- the calming or relaxing effects of Lavender were demonstrated in a further study through measuring brain waves and brain imaging.
Extracted from the herb clary sage, sage is a further essential oil famed for its calming effects.
- one study found it helped patients relax during medical examinations
- the anti-depressent effects of sage oil were highlighted in another study
Scents using ingredients such as bergamot and camomile are commonly know to have profound effect on our sense of wellbeing. However, floral oils such as rose oil, ylang ylang and jasmine have also demonstrated similar results.
All of these oils will help to instantly relax, de-stress and sooth before going to bed for a restful night’s sleep.
Here are some of the scientific test results for Bergamot essential oil:
- the ability of the essential oil of bergamot to relieve anxieties and tensions, was proven in 2015
- a recent review of the literature and scientific research about bergamot oil, found that it can be useful for reducing anxiety and stress.
Earlier we already mentioned the relaxing effects of chamomile oil in combination with lavender and neroli for improving the sleep quality.
The essential oil of Ylang Ylang is extracted from the flower.
- one test found a relaxing effect for ylang ylang oil
There has not yet been a lot of research into the effects of jasmine oil.
- a study found the odour of jasmine tea to have sedative or relaxing effects on the nerve system.
Rose (rosa damascena) oil is known in many traditional folk medicines for its potent ability to relieve stress and anxiety.
- a scientific study demonstrates the relaxing effects of rose oil
Enjoy Sleeping Like A Baby Again !
Here is a good night song for you to try for a Perfect Night’s Sleep:
Let there be Sleep on earth,
And let it begin with me,
Let there be Sleep on earth,
The Sleep that was meant to be, …