In this article, we illustrate the Magic of Perfume with a variety of perfume quotes:
- the 10 x Top Perfume Quotes from Perfumers,
- 5 x perfume quotes about the Magic of Perfume and its Transformative Power.
- another 50 x Famous Perfume Quotes from perfumers, fashion designers, celebrities and perfume connoisseurs.
- we finish with a Magical Gift
For millennia, we have been fascinated by parfum, scent and smell.
Perfume is more than just a fragrance; it’s an invisible part of our personal style, a comforting presence in our daily lives, and a form of self-expression. In this updated article, we delve deeper into the world of perfume quotes, exploring their significance for various occasions and moods.
Why do Perfume and Scent captivate us much? What is the spell contained in a Fragrance?
Why Perfume Quotes Resonate with Us
Perfume has the power to evoke memories, stir emotions, and make lasting impressions.
It’s no wonder that fragrance quotes and smelling good quotes resonate with us on a deeply emotional and psychological level.
A well-chosen quote can encapsulate the essence of a scent, giving voice to the inexpressible.
Magic Of Perfume in Quotes
For some a fragrance is the finishing touch after their make-up or the crowning glory at the end of our dressing rituals. This is what Christian Dior said: “Perfume is a mark of female identity and the final touch of her style.”
Blake Lively, the American actress, feels along the same lines: “One of the very few things that I do every single day is put on fragrance. If I’m not wearing makeup, … I still put my fragrance on. I will brush my teeth and put on my perfume.”
For others it is like a passion, according to Serge Lutens: “Perfume is potentially a carrier for the imagination. Perfume is thick; it is Poison and pure Desire; it is Eros in person.”
Fragrance has the power to change your mood. If you are feeling tired, it can revive you, or if you are feeling sad, it can lighten your mood. If you wish to relax and unwind, essential oils and the smell of certain flowers and herbs, such as Lavender, Jasmine or Sage, can work wonders.
Frances Mayes, the author of the book “Under the Tuscan Sun: At Home in Italy”, illustrates her experience of essential oils most vividly with this quote: “Anytime the perfume of orange and lemon groves wafts in the window; the human body has to feel suffused with a languorous well-being.”
Do you need to be transported to another time in your life?
A fragrance can do this too: “Scent is our greatest, most potent form of time travel, like an arrow. It tears through layers. It finds the centre.” (Victoria Erickson)
Perfume has a transformative quality that awakens something in all of us, from admiring the precious liquid inside the beautiful bottles, to an aroma that can teleport you to a time or place in an instant. “Perfume is the key to our memories” according to Kate Lord Brown, author of the book “The Perfume Garden”.
Apart from the fact that perfume is a confidence and mood booster, it also enhances any home or occasion.
Think of a soy candle or a reed diffuser:
- Don’t we all love how a luxuriously scented candle, its molten wax and flickering flame create magical moments in the evening?
- What about the scent of a ‘warm welcome’ from a fragranced reed diffuser in the hallway?
Scents create something to remember: “I am very sensitive to the smells and sensations that are part of perfumes because they remind me of things: moments from the past, people, events.” (Alber Elbaz, Israeli fashion designer)
Top 10 x Perfume Quotes:
We have chosen the following top 10 x famous fragrance quotes to explain the Magic of Perfume:
- “Each time we inhale or smell a Perfume, we are all going on our own very personal Perfume journey.” – Huib Maat. We obviously have to start with a quote from our very own in-house perfumer.
- “The beauty of fragrance is that it speaks to your heart, … and hopefully someone else’s.” – Elizabeth Taylor
- “Ladies, a man will never remember your handbag, but he will remember your perfume.” – Olivier Creed
- “Good manners and good cologne is what transforms the man into a gentleman!”- Tom Ford
- “Perfume is like a parenthesis, a moment of freedom, peace, love and sensuality in between the disturbances of modern living.”- Sonia Rykiel
- “A wise man knows cologne is the most powerful weapon in the fight for female attention.”- Marcello Mastroianni
- “Just like men, perfume is never perfect right away; you have to let it seduce you.”- Jean Patou
- “The best investments in every man’s life are a custom tailored suit and an expensive cologne. It’s like buying the best first impression.”- Massimo Ferragamo
- “No elegance is possible without perfume. It is the unseen, unforgettable, ultimate accessory.” – Coco Chanel
- “A perfume is like a piece of clothing, a message, a way of presenting oneself a costume, that differs according to the woman who wears it.” – Paloma Picasso
Another 50 x Famous Perfume Quotes
At the beginning of the piece I did say that it was about 10 x quotes that explain the Magic Of Perfume, but here at Pairfum London there are a few additional quotes from perfumers, designers, celebrities and perfume connoisseurs that we love to share:
- One by the wonderful Marilyn Monroe: “There are no women who do not like perfume, there are women who have not found their scent.” Have you found your perfect perfume?
- And another quote, that set a few hearts racing is from Marilyn Monroe as well: “What do I wear to bed? Why, Chanel No. 5 of course.” Is there magic in this potion? She certainly had elements of a ‘femme fatale’.
- Here is a perfumery quote by one of her husbands, Arthur Miller: “Can anyone remember love? It’s like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.”
- The American journalist H. L. Mencken said this: “An idealist is one who, on noticing that roses smell better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup”. Who could not love an idealist?
- Gianni Versace: “Perfume puts the finishing touch to elegance – a detail that subtly underscores the look, an invisible extra that completes a man and a woman’s personality. Without it there is something missing.”
- Christian Dior: “Perfume is the indispensable complement to the personality of women, the finishing touch on a dress.”
- Estée Lauder is often quoted with these lines about the invisible extra: “Perfume is like a new dress, it makes you quite simply marvellous.”
- Donna Karan: “Fragrance is the first layer of dressing, a woman’s invisible body suit.”
- Elizabeth Taylor: “I never face the day without perfume.”
- The author C. Joybell C: “You are never fully dressed without perfume.”
- Christian Dior came out with a beautiful quote: “Long after one has forgotten what a woman wore, the memory of her perfume lingers.” This quote clearly hints at the ‘Magic of Perfume’ and the power of a signature scent.
- Christian Dior: “Of the women in my childhood, I retain above all the memory of their perfumes, perfumes that lingered – filling the lift with fragrance long after they had gone.”
- Something similar in the words of Oscar de la Renta: “A fragrance is like a signature, so that even after a woman leaves the room, her fragrance should reveal she’s been there.”
- Sonia Rykiel also swears by the lasting effect of fragrance: “Perfume follows you; it chases you and lingers behind you. It’s a reference mark. Perfume makes silence talk.”
- The words of Sacha Guitry, the French actor: “Two things make the women unforgettable, their tears and their perfume.”
- Maurice Roucel, the perfumer: “Your fragrance is your message, your scented slogan.”
- Oscar de la Renta: “If you wear a different perfume every day, I do not recognize you.”
- Coco Chanel: “Perfume heralds a woman’s arrival and prolongs her departure.”
- Gianfranco Ferre, the ‘architect of fashion’, said the following: “A fragrance always combines femininity and sensuality.”
- Roja Dove: “There is nothing more wonderful than being remembered for a perfume.”
- We wouldn’t quite agree with Coco Chanel when she said: “A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.” There is more to woman’s personality than fragrance but it is certainly a reflection of the persona.
- Coco Chanel: “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”
- What do you think of Giovanni Ruffini’s quote: “Beauty is an exquisite flower, and its perfume is virtue.”
- Is anyone looking for pleasures without regret: “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.” (Marian Bendeth)
- We very much like another fragrance quote by Coco Chanel: “Wear perfume wherever you want to be kissed!”
- With this perfume quote, Christian Dior gives another clue about the power of perfume: “A woman’s perfume tells more about her than her handwriting.”
- Paco Rabanne: “Say goodbye to the age-old stereotypes of seduction. Seductive, but not a seductress, a woman wears a scent to reveal her personality.”
- “Listen, to appeal to someone else you might put on a pair of shoes that you don’t like or a dress you don’t like. But there’s no way you’re going to put on a perfume you don’t like; it’s too personal.” The words of Christian Louboutin, French fashion designer of stilettos.
- “The freshness of a smile and the fragrance of a perfume often define the personality of a woman.” The thoughts of Debasish Mridha, the Author of ‘Verses of Happiness’.
- Another quote from Christian Dior: “Make me a fragrance that smells like love.”
- Nino Cerruti: “Perfume opens endless horizons. It appeals both to the senses and to the imagination. Like an enchantment, it works on an instinctive level and at the same time is extremely subtle.”
- Isabelle Ramsay-Brackstone, the perfumer: “Scent is our most primitive sense, it’s the closest thing to the emotional brain. It penetrates you. You love it, and you want to be part of it.”
- Most of us, have some strong childhood memories that have a fragrance attached to them. David Leavitt has these: “Childhood smells of perfume and brownies.”
- Most of us will have moments when one of our memory’s drawers open like this: “This is the fragrance of my grandmother!” The words of the poet Christopher Poindexter: “Nothing brings to life again a forgotten memory like fragrance.”
- Marcel Proust feels the same way and expresses it beautifully in this quotation: “Perfume is that last and best reserve of the past, the one which when all our tears have run dry, can make us cry again!”
- Francis Kurkdjian tried to express the same with this quotation: “Perfume is the art that makes memory speak.”
- Emanuel Ungaro, the fashion designer: “A perfume is an intimate object, it is the reflector of the heart.”
- “A woman wears both jewellery and fragrance, and both recall happy moments of her life.” A quote by Alain Boucheron along the same lines.
- The perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena feels the same: “Perfume is a story in odor, sometimes poetry in memory.”
- Jacques Guerlain: “I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume.”
- Something similar but in the words of the American author M.J.Rose: “Perfume is magic. It’s mystery. We recreate the smell of a flower. Of wood. Of grass. We capture the essence of life. Liquefy it. We store memories. We make dreams.”
- Francois Nars: “Fragrance makes us dream.”
- Whereas the fashion designer Donatella Versace comes straight to the point when it comes to scent: “I like perfume and flowers.”
- Wang Wei, the Chinese poet: “Look in the perfumes of flowers and of nature for peace of mind and joy of life.”
- Heinrich Heine: “Perfumes are the feelings of flowers.”
- Speaking about perfume versus ingredients, these are the words of Giorgio Armani: “A perfume is more than an extract, it is a presence in abstraction. A perfume, for me, is a mystique.”
- The words of the American fashion editor Diana Vreeland: “Fragrances fill the senses with the mysterious.”
- “Perfume is like music that you wear.” Mathilde Thomas
- Stanislas de Boufflers: “Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume.”
- Here is a perfume quote from a totally unrelated field about what our perfume signals. Pep Guardiola, the football manager of Manchester City, says: “Winners have a good perfume, and when you don’t win you smell so bad.” He made this statement on the 3rd October 2020 after his team drew 1-1 at Leeds United.
Perfume Quotes for Different Occasions
Perfume Quotes for Her: “A woman’s perfume tells more about her than her handwriting.” – Christian Dior
Perfume Quotes for Him: “A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone’s feelings unintentionally. His perfume does the talking.” – Oscar Wilde
Perfume Quotes for Her: “Perfume is the indispensable complement to the personality of women, the finishing touch on a dress.” – Coco Chanel
Perfume Quotes for Him: “Elegance is not about being noticed; it’s about being remembered. The same goes for your scent.” – Giorgio Armani
Perfume Quotes for Her: “Perfume is like a new dress; it makes you quite marvelous.” – Estée Lauder
Perfume Quotes for Him: “You’re never fully dressed without a good cologne.” – Anonymous
The Art of Gifting Perfume
Perfume makes for a thoughtful and intimate gift, one that speaks volumes about the giver’s attention to detail.
Adding a personalized quote can make the gift even more special.
Cologne quotes like, “Scent is the strongest tie to memory,” or perfume lover quotes such as, “In a world full of trends, you remain a classic,” can add a unique touch to your gift.
Classy Short Perfume Quotes
“Scent is the soul of flowers.” – Anonymous
“A perfume is a world in a bottle.” – Anonymous
“Fragrance is an invisible tattoo.” – Anonymous
These classy short perfume quotes are perfect for those who appreciate the finer things in life but prefer to keep it succinct.
The Sensuality of Scent
Perfume isn’t just about smelling good; it’s about feeling good, too.
Fragrance quotes for him like, “A man’s scent is his signature,” and perfume oil quotes such as, “Oil and perfume make the heart glad,” highlight the sensual aspects of wearing a fragrance.
A well-chosen scent can add to one’s allure, making it an essential part of romantic encounters.
A Magical Gift
If you are looking to gift a Magical Experience with Fragrance, we can highly recommend our Perfume Experience Box, a Fragrance Library with 12 x Eau de Parfum Intense.
We hear from our customers that they have a wonderful time trialling and sharing all of the different Eau de Parfums with their friends & family. It feels like opening the door to a magical perfumery in their own home and creates an olfactive Experience to remember.
Does anyone need more proof of the Magic of Perfume?
Perfume quotes have the power to capture the essence of this timeless accessory, making them the perfect companion to your favorite fragrance.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect quote to accompany a gift or simply want to find the words to describe your signature scent, these quotes offer a glimpse into the magical world of perfume.
Links To Fragrance Quotes
If you are looking for more inspirational perfume quotes, then we invite you to visit these pages on our website:
- Top 10 x Perfume Quotes That Explain The Magic Of Perfume
- The Ultimate Accessory
- Top 10 x Perfume Quotes By Huib Maat
- Christian Dior: His 50 x Most Memorable Quotes
- Karl Lagerfeld – His Top 10 Most Memorable Quotes
- People who Inspire
- Wonderful quotes from the World of Perfume
- Famous Perfumery Quotes
- Iconic Perfume Quotes
- Coco Chanel’s Top 10 Inspirational Quotes For Women Of Today!
- Celebrate National Fragrance Day