Natural Sandalwood Candles
Natural wax candles with sandalwood for your enjoyment.
Why Do We Love Scented Candles?
If you feel the urge to leave the chaotic hustle and bustle of modern life behind for a few hours, then sit back and relax with a Natural Sandalwood candle from Pairfum.
Sandalwood Candles are typically based around an accord of oak moss, ciste-labdanum, patchouli and bergamot, most people would describe Sandalwood as smelling like a warm slightly powdery, and sometimes creamy wood. The Rich, Warm, Creamy note of the PAIRFUM candle will help transport you to a sun-kissed afternoon or a star-filled evening, away from the rat race and back to nature.
Sandalwood is one of those easily recognisable fragrances, like cinnamon, lavender or Vanilla, that can stir up the senses and release the stresses and strains of a busy day. This wonderful Perfume note that has stood the test of time, is brought to life perfectly by a PAIRFUM Candle.
Sandalwood comes from the genus Santalum. This particular species flourishes in warmer climates, that offer plenty of sunshine, dry weather, and moderate rainfall. Santalum trees are native to India, Indonesia, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Australia, Hawaii and other Pacific Islands. It is the second most expensive wood in the world, after the African Blackwood.
Sandalwood is a slow-growing tree, which tends to have a yellowish tone, a fine grain and unlike many aromatic woods, its fragrance can last for many decades. Another interesting botanical fact is that sandalwood is a root parasite, which photosynthesize their own food but taps the roots of other species for water and inorganic nutrients.
Due to its long-lasting and distinctive fragrance, several species of Sandalwood have become victims of over-harvesting, over the last 100 years.
The usage of sandalwood has been documented in art, literature and medical journals, dating back 4000 years, it has had numerous uses in the treatment of colds, infections and many other health conditions. In many ancient cultures from Egypt to India sandalwood has been used in or for religious ceremonies, from embalming in Egypt to the building of various religious temples in Asia. In today's world sandalwood is primarily used in the cosmetic industry and is a favorite note in perfumery, with its rich fragrance and warm exotic notes it is typically being used as a base note.
This beautiful essential oil is harvested from this aromatic tree and is extracted by steam distillation. Sandalwood is used in a variety of applications in the cosmetic industry, candles, aromatherapy, soaps and beauty procedures are only some of the magical applications of this wonderful tree.
Choosing the Perfect Sandalwood Candle
Perfumed Candles have become an inseparable part of people’s interior design, with the wish to create a warm welcoming and cosy home. The Sandalwood candle with it’s warm slightly powdery and sometimes creamy wood aroma creates the perfect ambience for a romantic night in, to a lazy Sun-kissed afternoon with Friends and Family. The warm aroma of a PAIRFUM Sandalwood candle can help to relieve stress and help you unwind after a busy working day. They are the perfect addition to any home. From the deep thinkers to the social divas among us, a PAIRFUM Sandalwood candle is the perfect ‘Wind-Me-Down’.
When considering which candle to purchase, ask yourself the following questions:
Is the candle made from natural wax?
Natural waxes, such as the stearin and soy waxes that Pairfum use, are the healthy choice both for your home and for the environment. Natural wax candles should not release potentially harmful particles of soot or smoke into the air, however, this does not apply to all so-called ‘Natural Wax Candles’ as not all candles are created equal. It is also important to choose a candle with a lead-free wick as they are known to release harmful chemicals, including carcinogens into the air. A natural cotton wick does not come with any of these potential dangers, and Pairfum is proud to use only safe, natural wicks in all their candles.
Does the candle burn cleanly?
If a candle does not burn cleanly, the intended fragrance is going to be tainted with the unpleasant smell of soot and smoke. Pairfum candles are produced so that the wax and wick are in perfect balance. The burn of our candles is always clean and produces a perfect perfume throw, no soot, no black smoke, just the gorgeous aroma of sandalwood filling your home. All Pairfum candles are made from 100% natural soy or stearin wax, sourced from sustainable and eco-friendly farms. There is a number of benefits to using these types of wax, which include:
- Safe, Clean Burn – Both stearin and soy wax will burn cleanly, without any soot or smoke. Pairfum candles are 100% natural wax, with absolutely no harmful additives or chemicals. Therefore no carcinogens (such as benzene and toluene)or other harmful pollutants that will be released into the air, and that could impact on the health of your loved ones. In fact, stearin wax is known as the 'Queen of Wax' and it cannot be matched when it comes to a clean, smokeless burn.
- Eco-friendly – Pairfum is passionate about protecting the environment and therefore our soy and stearin wax candles will never contain potentially harmful additives. Here at Pairfum, we will never compromise on quality and want our customers to be sure that our natural wax candles are the best on the market.
- Natural Cotton Wicks – It is not only the wax that should be 100% natural, the wick should be too. Whether it be our single or dual wick candles, here at Pairfum, we have always used 100% natural cotton wicks. We will not sacrifice your health or safety, for the convenience of metal filament wicks, which are known to release harmful toxins when burned. The only thing our customers should be releasing into their home is the stunning relaxing aroma of sandalwood.
- Perfume – A lot of thought and creativity has gone into the creation of each perfume created by Pairfum London, and each candle is lovingly hand poured by us to achieve a perfect balance between Perfume, wax, and wick, to ensure the optimum 'scent throw' in your home. Enveloping you and your home in a wonderful Sandalwood perfume.
- Beautiful Appearance - All Pairfum scented candles help create a wonderful atmosphere. Our natural wax candles are designed to be displayed and our boxed candles come in a quality glass that beautifully refracts the warm candlelight, and sparkles in the light of the flame. From our ateliers here in the UK, our skilled artisans hand pour each candle to ensure a flawless finish in the true spirit of British luxury.
Sandalwood Candles – A Versatile Scent
Sandalwood candles can be used in any room of the house, and help to create ambiance and atmosphere. Relax and unwind, with a sandalwood candle in the drawing room, living room or bedroom, from the hallway to the study burning a sandalwood candle creates a mood of calm tranquility, or you may also create a sensual mood with the romantic candlelight and stimulating scent of this rich, warm, wonderful woody fragrance.
Aromatherapy Benefits of Sandalwood
The sense of smell plays an important role in the physiological effects of mood, stress, and working capacity. Electrophysiological studies have revealed that various fragrances affected spontaneous brain activities and cognitive functions which are measured by an EEG (electroencephalograph), It is widely accepted in the perfumery community, that certain fragrances can illicit psychosomatic reactions that can have a direct impact on one's well-being. Many ancient civilizations, including Egypt, China, and India, have used aromatherapy as a popular complementary and alternative therapy for more than a thousand years.
Sandalwood is one of these fragrances that can trigger such a response, with a potentially positive effect on physical and mental well-being, many studies have suggested that the olfactory stimulation of fragrances produces immediate changes in physiological parameters such as muscle tension, pupil dilation, blood pressure, pulse rate and brain activity, so by spending an evening relaxing in the glow of a sandalwood candle, you may experience a number of therapeutic benefits, such as:
Alleviating Stress - The earthy aroma of sandalwood has been associated with reducing stress, as well as acting as an anti-depressant, improving mood swings, and relieving anxiety.
Improved Cognitive Function – The fragrance of sandalwood can increase mental clarity, and improve focus, memory and attention span. Therefore, burning a sandalwood candle would be a great way to prepare for a big test, or job interview etc.
The Season for Sandalwood Candles
Different scented candles can work best at different times of the year. Fresh floral scents are perfect for Spring, mirroring the emergence of the new flowers that come with the season. Fruity and citrus scents are wonderful for the summer months, channeling the smells and aromas of Sunshine. When we get to autumn and winter, fragrances with spice and zing, warm up the colder, and darker nights.
The woody, green and earth tones of sandalwood, make it a fragrance that speaks of summer and autumn when there is a great deal of change in the natural world. It can conjure up pictures of dewy and fresh forests of spring, and the falling leaves of autumn. With its trademark aroma, sandalwood is a perfect note to spread relaxation and calmness throughout the home, brightening up a gray day with a touch of nature. The simple truth is, if you love sandalwood, you can and should burn your candles all year round. When you find a perfume scent that makes your home seem a happier, healthier, calmer and more welcoming place to be, then any time of the year is the right time for it.
The Pairfum Snow Crystal Candle
Our Snow Crystal Candle is something we at Pairfum are particularly proud of and they are a true labour of love. They get their name from the effect created by the pouring process of the stearin, as they have the appearance of individual ice crystals or snowflakes, laying on top of one another. This stunning effect is achieved by slowly pouring the candle by hand, and this lengthy process is made all worthwhile by the twinkle of the snow candle when it's flame is lit. Furthermore, the PAIRFUM Snow Crystal Candles will burn beautifully right to the bottom of the glass. Stearin wax is unique in the fact that dust or dirt particles will not stick to its surface, and will return to that wonderful crystallised appearance once the flame has been extinguished. Our White Sandalwood Snow Crystal Candle is infused with natural and organic sandalwood essential oil, which gives a stunning pure perfume bloom. A Snow Crystal Candle really makes a thoughtful gift for anyone special in your life, lighting up any home.
Natural Lavender Candles by PAIRFUM
Natural Flower & Soy Wax Candles by Pairfum
Natural Snow Crystal Candles by Pairfum
Scented Candle Safety Tips
The natural soy and stearin wax of Pairfum candles produce a safe and clean burn. There will be no soot, no smoke and no toxins released into the air. However, there are still some measures that need to be taken to ensure that you are using scented candles, safely and responsibly in your home. These include:
- A burning candle should always be in sight. Don't leave candles unattended and always extinguish them when leaving the room or house, and before going to sleep. A glowing wick can re-light, so please ensure that wicks are completely extinguished.
- Never burn a candle next to flammable objects, such as curtains, drapes, bedding, carpets, books or paper, as a slight breeze or draft may cause a fire. Make sure to ensure that candles are securely placed, as a simple knock may cause the candle to topple over and start a fire.
- Burn candles out of reach of children and pets, the reasons for which should be self-explanatory. Curious little hands and paws are fragile things, make sure they are protected in your home.
- Always use an appropriate candle holder that is heat resistant and large enough to catch any drips of wax. Also, be sure to place your candles on heat resistant surfaces, to protect your furniture from scorching or damage.
The safety & candle usage instructions on the PAIRFUM candle are in line with standard safety guidelines from the following associations:
Natural Sandalwood Candles
In celebration of the wonderful sandalwood tree and its rich fragrance, PAIRFUM has created a number of candles featuring the woody scent.
All our sandalwood scented candles are made from 100% natural wax and contain the most beautiful essential oils for a pure and authentic aroma.
A Creamy Sandalwood accord with a hint of Chypre ! It includes top notes of Neroli and Lychee, a floral heart of White Jasmine, Violet and Cistus Labdanum, and a fond of sun-bleached Cedar, Patchouli, Musk and Tonka Bean.
The aroma of a peaceful, sunlight flooded Orangery with Heady Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Tuberose, Ylang Ylang. The top has subtle fruity aspects of Peach, Apricot and Pear. Warmth radiates from Sandalwood, Musk and Honey.
A vibrant Pink Grapefruit fragrance with the added complexity of Mandarine, Lime and Bergamot. Floral notes of Jasmin and Lily lend a feminine touch. Deep sophistication comes from a Sandalwood Accord in the base note.
Anise & Black Vanilla
This beautifully soft ‘Noir’ fragrance opens with top notes of Anise and Liquorice to add mystique to a heart built around the Vanilla and Almond nuances of Heliotrope and Powdery Violet. Sandalwood and Amber add warmth to the fond.