After Beyoncé came out with her hit single ‘Flawless,’ we now all want to wake up impeccably perfect. The hashtag #IWokeUpLikeThis can be seen everywhere in social media, often in combination with the hashtag #nofilter.
We all want to impress the world with the beauty of our ‘natural’ selfie.
To make an “I woke up like this” selfie, the author takes a selfie or photo of themselves immediately after they wake up, to catch a tired but natural and unkempt look.
This the trend has now been exaggerated with ‘parody’ versions where people style themselves to look overly messy before taking a photo with a tag of “I woke up like this”.
Top Tips for a ‘no make-up look’ and the perfect #IWokeUpLikeThis selfie
We agree that not all of those amazingly beautiful photos you see are truely natural but there has never been anything wrong with a little help from a friend, such as a few natural beauty enhancers.
Here are the key tricks and top tips to perfecting this look.
- Don’t snap a picture as soon as you get up. Brush your teeth first ! Now you can smile with confidence in your photo.
- The real secret is super minimal makeup but do apply a little moisturizer. You’re still makeup free, but have made your skin look a little ‘dewy’.
- Spot Correct because nobody has perfect skin. With a little CC cream, you can color correct a dark spot or two. But remember we mean just a ‘little dab’, nothing more !
- Get Rosy with the lightest touch of blush to your cheeks. It should be barely visible, just as if you slept on the side.
- Stay looking messy with an unkempt bed hair head to shoot a convincing selfie. And the one thing you want a little undone that will make your ‘natural’ selfie 100% convincing is bed head hair. Aside from taming the craziest tresses, let your crown do its thang. It’ll make your photo realistic and relatable.
Now, this ‘selfie trend’ has entered the catwalk !
“I woke up like this…” is the tending look at this moment. At all of the SS & AW catwalks that have just passed, fresh-faced models were showing a ‘barely there’ glow or ‘no make-up’ look.
Obviously, this is a carefully styled look with the two key success factors being:
- the right make-up and the application, and, more importantly,
- a good base, which means a well looked-after face.
No amount of make-up can ever hope to recreate a well nourished skin with a fresh & rosy spring glow.
But how can everyone achieve this look every day?
‘Beauty from within’ to support the ‘no make-up look’
A great skincare regime with high quality products and the addition of supplements. It is focuses on the ‘skin health’ benefits of a combination of:
- a good diet and lifestyle,
- alongside the use skincare products
With supplements we refer to the trend towards ‘beauty from within’.
When it comes to skincare, the emphasis on a cleansing regime is essential. Daily cleansing should be combined with weekly and monthly treatments to target specific skin concerns and give a visible ‘refresh’.
Journalists and bloggers are increasingly trying to educate consumers about their skin to get them to put in the time to improve their ‘skin health’ from the outside and ‘within’.
In particular, products are being promoted with ingredients that brighten or give an even skin tone, with immediate and tangible effects.
Look for lotions & creams with the following properties:
- even skin-tone
- Day Defence (DD) Creams